Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.

Barry, I waited for the optics to arrive and be installed before

Barry, I waited for the optics to arrive and be installed before I responded. After 12 Hours it has only dropped 18 cubes or so. Might there be something else wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 4 years ago.
Appears Barry is off line . Hope he doesn't mind if I step in. Ice cube production is dependent on the temperature in your freezer. After the ice maker fills with water it sits in the mold until the mold temperature is about 10 degrees ( the water is now ice ) and then the harvest begins - the mold heater comes on to slightly melt the ice and the fingers rotate to eject the ice . So you need to know how cold the freezer is - if it is too warm the icemaker will be slow making ice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only 34 degrees, I will try to turn it down
34 degrees - that's WAY off - should be near 0 I think you have more wrong than just "turning it down "
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will return home in appx 30 min, what should I look for next? Call a repair person?
Things you can visually check - is the fan inside the freezer running ? Do you see any frost on the back wall inside freezer ( you shouldn't - if so a defrost problem ) pull fridge out and remove back cover - is the fan ( the condenser fan ) running - it should be. If all that checks ok then you most likely have a refrigerant issue - low charge and you will need a repairman to check that.