Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Profile microwave JES2551SJ02 will turn on for appx.

My GE Profile microwave JES2551SJ02 will turn on for appx. 10 seconds and then shuts down. Cannot get it to work. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you need to reset the time of day and everything when the microwave turns off?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only had to reset the time of day (clock) the first time it happened. It now keeps time but turns off after 10 seconds and the light inside flickers slightly a couple of times during shut off.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so this is either a bad display control board, or your magnetron is leaking microwaves and shutting the confusing the control board. The best way to find out is to tip the control panel forward at a 45 degree angle and run a cycle. If the microwave still resets, then you need to replace the control board. If it stops resetting with the control panel tipped forward, you need a new magnetron. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the control panel so that you can take the vent panel off, remove the screw at the top of the control panel, and tip the control panel forward for the test. Be sure to unplug the microwave while you're working on it, then you can plug it back in to do the test.

CLICK HERE for video