Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have an old great microwave sharp R8680B and the touchpad

Customer Question

I have an old great microwave sharp R8680B and the touchpad has just gone on it after 25 years use. Is there any way of sourcing another touchpad for it?
Thank you
Angela Tourish
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Do you have a serial number for the unit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Serial no 70703782
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

There is no availability for a new touch pad for your beloved microwave, THe touch pad for this has been obsolete for over 13 years, I am afraid it is time to say good bye to your old friend because of this. Sorry to be the bearer of this news to you...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory