Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag gas dryer is taking 2-3 cycles to dry. Cloths are still

Maytag gas dryer is taking 2-3 cycles to dry. Cloths are still wet after first and sometimes second cycles. Dryer will eventually dry but on load will take hours to dry. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Guru :

hello

Appliance Guru :

I will switch to Q and A to answer your question, just look down a little for the answer

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Can I get the model number off your unit? There are a few different Maytag designs that can give you the problem you are having. Also are you losing heat completely at all? Let me know Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have the model number with me at this time. I'm not losing any heat that I'm aware of. When I open the dryer door the clothes are still wet, hot and steaming. The series of my dryer is Bravo.
If the clothes are steamy and wet when you open the door you have a clog or possible broken blower wheel. If you have made sure the vent is completely clear to the outside, then you need to check where the lint screen duct. If you want to see if your unit has a clog, disconnect the pipe from the back and turn the machine on. There should be a massive amount of air blowing out of the back pipe. If there is not then you have an internal clog or possible blower wheel problem. This will require some disassembly to get corrected.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.