jrloar
jrloar, Master Tec.
Experience:  Dagree in Electro Mechanical Tech and Appliances
23900771

MF12568AES lights flashing on door, ice cube flap keeps opening

Customer Question

MF12568AES lights flashing on door, ice cube flap keeps opening and closing, no water coming out, no ice cube making
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

can you double check that model number please?

Customer:

MF 12568 AES

Appliance Tech Care :

are you getting this number of the label inside the fridge? I cant find it on my lookup

Appliance Tech Care :

Based on your description you have a problem with the board in the dispenser unit. But I need an accurate model to look it up for you

Customer:

Model number is XXXXX on label inside the fridge, and on the invoice. It is 6 years old

Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
The correct model number is XXXXX replace the 1 with an I
Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.

What you need to replace it this graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is this circuit board called?
Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
High Voltage Control Board
Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
You do have one more possibility but it is more than likely the High Voltage Board. But the low voltage dispenser control board "could" be the problem Manufacturer Part Number 67006294 and you can get it at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-board--l-v---ice2o-item-number-ap4080672.aspx?pn_=67006294 graphic
Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
Just remember if you get the High Voltage board to fallow the programing instructions for your unit. They will be included with the new board or using the fallowing

Programming Mode:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the

Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm

Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to

change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to

select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad

until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will

beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been

saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this

process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any

Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to ACCEPT my answer when this resolves your problem.. Thanks JIM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I won't know if it resolves the problem until the part arrives, but based on what I have read it should
Expert:  jrloar replied 2 years ago.
Understood.. Please feel free to ask any questions on the install when the part arrives.. Thanks JIM
jrloar, Master Tec.
Experience: Dagree in Electro Mechanical Tech and Appliances
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I changed the HV board and all is fine. Thank you. Partsdr.com had the part $129.99
Great, Im glad you got it fixed
Please leave positive feedback if you were pleased with my efforts
.