Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a side by side with an ice maker, about eight years

Customer Question

I have a side by side with an ice maker, about eight years old. It stopped making ice but the water dispenser in the door has water. The panel can be shorted to deliver water to the ice maker tray. I have changed the solenoids and the ice maker unit, with no improvement. I had to use the original power pigtail with the ice maker because mine did not unplug out of the unit. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 4 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

do you have a complete model number off the refrig?

Customer :

106,53532304

Customer :

I've had my sleeping pill. Goodnight, till tomorrow. Thanks

Appliance Tech Care :

see you tomorrow

Appliance Tech Care :

Cane, you have this question listed twice. read my post on your other question and remove this one.

Customer :

I am back. I am not very good at this computering. Could we continue on this post? Bill

Customer :

Hi, I got the previous answer. I will try this suggestion tonight and get back to you. By the way, I had a former refrig tech look at it and he had no answer. Could it still be about the wiring harness? I could not use the new pigtail and used the existing wiring. Could that lump in the wiring be the problem? Thanks

Appliance Tech Care :

ok

Customer :

I remember now that what you sugested is what the tech I mentioned tried. The valves seemed good. I guess it is time for another refrig anyway at eight years. Thanks for the suggestions. Bill

Appliance Tech Care :

There is a thermal fuse located in the pigtail going to the icemaker. Remove the icemaker and locate a small black device that is clipped in a bracket on the back of your icemaker. Test this for continuity If there is none, you need to replace the pigtail or that thermal protector.

Appliance Tech Care :

Understand, that I am paid on a commission from Just Answers
.If my Answer Is OK to you then,
You need to exit this chat and hit the GREEN accept button for my services now and in the future.
If you have any other question you may come back to here and I will continue to try to help you.
Thanks for letting give me a chance to help you out .