Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

WE have a GE quiet power 3 dishwasher model # XXXXX

WE have a GE quiet power 3 dishwasher model # XXXXX SERIAL # XXXXX
Every thing on the machine appears to be operating correctly, except that the water goes in but the it is not circulated onto the dishes the water wands are not jammed and rotate freely. But the water doesn't get sprayed onto the dishes when the cycle is done the pump pumps out the water correctly, the heat dry and sanitize appear to be working fine, is there a separate pump that pumps the water to the wands?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Guru :

HELLO

Appliance Guru :

Give me just a minute while I pull up your model

Customer:

OK

Appliance Guru :

Ok is the pump running during wash and is water covering the bottom of the unit

Customer:

I can't tell if the pump is running during the wash but yes there is water covering the bottom when I open the door during a cycle.

Appliance Guru :

Can you hear the motor trying to run or does it just have a low hum sound after it fills?

Customer:

no

Appliance Guru :

Is it just silent?

Customer:

yes, it is, after it fills there is no noise until the pump comes on to pump out the reservoir.

Appliance Guru :

Ok can you take off the bottom panel

Customer:

by the bottom panel do you mean the plastic screen?

Appliance Guru :

No the lower outside panel so you can see the motor

Customer:

stand by

Appliance Guru :

ok

Customer:

cover is off

Appliance Guru :

Do you see the motor

Customer:

yes

Appliance Guru :

Do you see that little stamped fan casting inside the motor

Customer:

stand by

Appliance Guru :

part 310

Appliance Guru :

is the motor and you can see the open end with the fan

Customer:

yes

Appliance Guru :

Ok stick a screw driver in and see if you can turn that fan easily. Let me know if it sticks and then pops free

Customer:

it turns easily

Appliance Guru :

Ok start a wash cycle and wait until it is done filling. Watch that fan to see if it starts up and runs at all or get down by it to see if you can hear a low hum coming from the motor

Customer:

it works, so I stopped it and let it pump out and start all over, and it didn't start just hummed until I nudged it again and now it is running fine, the machine wasn't run for a long time could that have caused it to freeze up like that?

Appliance Guru :

You need a new motor assy, a lot of them went bad

Appliance Guru :

Let me get you the part number

Customer:

Is thaty something that a noveice can do or do I need service?

Appliance Guru :

WD26X10045

Appliance Guru :

Yes its not bad just a couple clamps and a bracket. If you can pull the unit out it is a lot easier to get at to replace pretty self explanatory

Appliance Guru :

Just look at the diagram I supplied

Customer:

very good thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I order the part?

Appliance Guru :

Just click on that link it is direct to order the part you need.

Appliance Guru :

Did you get the link?

Customer:

Yes I got the link but not the diagram

Appliance Guru :

this is the link to the diagram since you did not get it part #310

Customer:

Oustanding

Appliance Guru :

No problem I am glad to have assisted you, please click accept if I helped you and tips are great!

Appliance Guru :

Thanks

Customer:

Thank you,

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.