Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I was trying to change the little red reflector on top of the

I was trying to change the little red reflector on top of the stove element knob that indicates the element is on. The wire to the unit that houses the reflector came off and contacted the stove metal. A spark occurred. I took off all the fuses and then changed the reflector. Now, there appears to be no power to the stove at all. No clock even. I tried to unplug the stove, checked the fuses, and reset the house breaker. Still no power to the stove. What can this be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The only thing that will cause the display to go out is either no power coming to the oven, or the display control board is shorted. If you tried to reset the circuit breaker already and the oven definitely has power going to it, unfortunately now your display board was shorted from the wire arcing out to the frame. You'll need to order and replace the display control board to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I said nothing works on the stove. No power to anything. Is this an issue only with the display board???
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, either the display board is bad (it's the mother board of the entire unit), or your oven isn't getting 240 volts from your house. I'd use a multimeter and test the power on the 2 outside connections where the power cord connects to the oven. You should have 240 volts between these connections and if not, you'll need to try flipping the circuit breaker again and if all else fails, you need a new to either replace the breaker on your house or call an electrician to check the power on your house.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I recall that after the spark that the clock display was still working. Only after I removed the 2 fuses and replaced the relfector and put the 2 fuses back did the stove stop working. Would you still have this conclusion knowing this
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yes, same conclusion---either your oven is not getting 240 volts, or the display board is shorted.