Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

jenn air GS2124PAD ICE MAKER FLAP FREEZING UP AND NOT ALLOWING

Customer Question

jenn air GS2124PAD ICE MAKER FLAP FREEZING UP AND NOT ALLOWING ICE TO DISPENCE ICE ALSO LAYING IN BOTTOM OF FREEZER SECTION ALS PRODUCT IN FOOD COMPARTMENT CRISPER IS FREEZING .
I AM A REFRIG MACHANIC AND AM WONDERING IF FRIDGE HAS DEFROST HEATER OR BAFFLE PROBLEMS WOULD LIKE ASSESSTO WIREING DIAGRAM.

REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is Jon and I am an authorized whirlpool/maytag service tech and I can help you today.
Jon Grella : Are you talking about the ice maker swing arm that forces th ice out of the mold in the ice maker and pushes it into the ice bin? Or are you referring to the ice maker door chute in th dispenser?
Jon Grella : Do you see I've forming on threat wall of the freezer cabinet?
Jon Grella : Sorry I meant ice forming on the rear of the freezer wall.
Customer :

THE DOOR SHUTE

Jon Grella : Ok. Got it.
Jon Grella : Common problem. And that is actually causing the other problems.
Customer :

yes thereis ice on back wall

Jon Grella : The warm air out of the ref is entering into the freezer section through the door chute. Causing th ice to form around th chute and ice maker. This will cause the machine to run longer and more often. Causing twice on the bottom of the freezer floor. And since the machine is running all the time it will make th drawers in the ref cabinet freeze as well.
Customer :

ok what is the fix

Jon Grella : Pull the ice bin out of the freezer and close the door. Then try to get ice out of the door. The chute will open and then close. You need to look to see if the chute is closing all the way. Open the door after trying to betide from door and look down into th chute area. So you see if there is a gap where the door chute is not sealing or closing properly?
Jon Grella : I want to make sure the door chute is the whole problem first. Do that check above and let me know what you see.
Jon Grella : In the meantime I will get you the part info so you can replace the door chute and fix the machine.
Customer :

i have left site

Jon Grella : Give me one minute to get he part info. Please stay withme here.
Jon Grella : I don't understand. It says that you are still here. Do you still want my help.
Customer :

i have left the residence where th fridge is so i cant carry out your request

Jon Grella : Oh. Got you.
Jon Grella : When you return try this.
Jon Grella : You will have to unplug and defrost th machine for 24-36 hours before repairing. This will allow the machine to defrost. This will get rid of all the ice build up in the back and bottom of th freezer.
Jon Grella : Then replace the door chute. That is the cause for the failure.
Jon Grella : Please email me back here with e model number again. It seems that the model number you listed doesn't have a door dispenser nor an ice chute.