Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Dryer belt broke and I took the top off as directed and

My Dryer belt broke and I took the top off as directed and the front off as directed.
Upon removal of the front panes (with door) I found the vent fan in the way of the drum motor.
Model #FDC7971EW9

My question is: "Just how do I get the belt around the drive motor without taking the back off or remove and reinstall the drum?

Thank you, XXXXX
361/844-9197 [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you do install the belt from the front of the dryer ast the manual states. It's not easy because as you said, the drum and the blower wheel are in your way. To install the belt you just have to have long thin arms because you need to reach under the drum after the belt is wrapped around the drum. Then you just reach back and install the belt by FEEL. You can't see anything because the drum is in your way, but that is the only way to install the belt---the back panel does not come off.