jrloar, Master Tec.
Experience:  Dagree in Electro Mechanical Tech and Appliances

My refrigerator temperature is rising every few minutes. It

Customer Question

My refrigerator temperature is rising every few minutes. It went from 36* to 65* in 2 hours. What's the problem here?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.

Jason :

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Jason :

Is the temp actualy going up, or just the readout?

JACUSTOMER-ynwrqqpf- : The temperature and readout. My freezer is now on a slow rise as well.
Jason :

Ok, I will need you to be my ears and eyes for a moment, when you open the freezer door is the fan blowing, and do you see frost on the back panel of freezer?

JACUSTOMER-ynwrqqpf- : Yes and yes
Jason :

Ok the frost on the panel means the unit is not going into defrost. We can go futher if you are willing to do some tech stuff.

JACUSTOMER-ynwrqqpf- : Ok
Jason :

Set your meter to where it beaps when you touch the leads together. Then you want to unplug the fridge, and test each end of #14, then each end of # 21 isolated. If both parts beep, then they are good

JACUSTOMER-ynwrqqpf- : Touch which leads and what is #14 and #21?
Jason :

I do not feel comfortable that you can do this repair, I will opt out, I do not want you to get hurt....thank you....maybe another expert would like to try to help you

Expert:  jrloar replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is jim, I will do my best to help you with this problem

-Could you explain your situation a little more?