Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have had two Thermador ovens. Current oven is a Model CMT

Customer Question

I have had two Thermador ovens. Current oven is a Model CMT 231; Serial # XXXXX Both fit existing space, so I try to avoid a different size. Am selling home and need to decide to repair this model again, or buy new to improve sale of my home. Problem with this oven is micro does not work and getting at the fuse involves removing aluminum trim. Also. lower oven door does not close tightly, even after replacement door parts.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: What do you recommend?

A. Get more parts from you and make it good enough for the new owner
B. Get new Model to fit in same space and hope new Model works better.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.

Appliance Guru :

Appliance Guru :

I will switch to Q and A to answer your question

Hello and thank you for using this service.

The best advice I can give you is to replace that unit, but since you are selling the house that will not make or break a home sale. Keep in mind a lot of buyers may want something completely different or end up changing the appliances all together. Just get it working before selling it and leave it as is. A lot of people think that an appliance will bring more money to a sale or help sell a home, but it really does not. Also you can always give a small credit to a homeowner if that issue even comes up, which it will not. Save your money and just limp it by until you sell the home.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Message says that my chat has ended??? Actually. I have seen no response. Please advise.

I have explained the problem. If I do nothing, the oven micro still does not function. I will click accept if you at least tell me where I can pick up new fuse, which I have replaced several times. Where do I get new fuse and what is part number? Thanks.

I responded to you it is above your post. Here is a link to the bus fuse, just copy and paste it into your address bar.