Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Model 26. Ice maker not making ice and making popping

Customer Question

GE Model 26. Ice maker not making ice and making popping noise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am I to do anything after I use the hair dryer to thaw the line out?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
If it's frozen and it's thawed out, then you can try the test procedure again, but it may not work depending on how warm the freezer has gotten. The best thing to do is let it cool down again and try it all over 24 hours later once the fill tube is definitely thawed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What am I to do after I thaw out the frozen water line
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I just answered that and said: