Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have just purchased a maytag front loader Maxima QS 400(just

I have just purchased a maytag front loader Maxima QS 400(just got it yesterday) and today when I did the third wash it ran for about 15 minutes and then flashed F01 and then right after F08. The "door locked" light began to flash. The machine continued to run because I could hear it humming but the washing and tumbling etc stoped completely. I did what the instructions for troubleshooting told me - to press power/cancel to clear the code and then press power/cancel again to restart washer. The washing process did not start. I eventually had to pull the plug because pressing the power button would not turn the machine off. I was able to move the setting to a rinse/spin cylcle and that cycle completed. I tried again with another load and the exact same thing has happened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please bear with me ,, thanks

you bought this new yesterday?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. It was delivered yesterday PST 12:00 PM.
call maytag or sears and get a servicer to come out, the washer is in the one year all parts and labor warranty so it will be fixed free of charge, your heater relay is stuck and its covered ,, thanks