Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Miele model G2470VI instorage for three years. Installed with

Customer Question

Miele model G2470VI instorage for three years. Installed with 120 V power and hooked up to Hot water supply. The unit does not operate. When turned on the red light to the right blinks and a beeping noise is heard. Also a light blinks indicating intake/drain. It appears to be trying to work. I suspect that an electric vavle for the water is stuck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service tech and I can help you today.
Jon Grella : It is common to have the seals to the circulation pump swell after beeping left niño use state for a while.
Jon Grella : This will cause the machine to fail like it is here.
Jon Grella : If the machine doesn't fill at all then you have to check the water valve filters as well.
Jon Grella : Theyusually get clogged with sediment and again, if left sitting for a while, the sediment turns to sludge then hardens over time. Then this will cause the filter to get clogged to the point where it will not let any water in.
Customer:

Might I be albe to do the repair or is this something for the pros.

Jon Grella : Please turn the water supply off and check the water valve filters. You will have to pull the water valve off completely to check fully. If you find any sediment at all, flush and clean it out and reinstall it.
Jon Grella : Th try the machine again. If it still gives you the intake/ drain fault light and will not fill with water you will need to replace the fill valve.
Jon Grella : Are you handy with tools?
Customer:

Is this filter part of the garden hose connection

Customer:

I am quite handy with tools

Jon Grella : If you follow the water supply that the machine is hooked up to back to the machine, that's the water valve.
Jon Grella : Is it connected to a garden style hose connection? Like a 3/4 inch nut?
Customer:

OK, I'll give it a try and Thanks.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
If you find that the valve is clogged and the cause for the machine not to fill, then replace the water fill valve. Or what Miele calls a water flow system.

Of after cleaning out the filter and the machine fills with water for a minute or two then stops showing the intake/drain light again then stops, then you have to check the circulation motor pump. That is th part that swells after not being in use for a while. And it will need to be unjammed and cleaned out. Miele has what is called a circulation motor hook tool that will unjam and clean the filter out.

You can call Miele directly to order parts or visit their website and order the parts there. Their website is www.miele.usa.com and their phone number is 1-800-999-1360.

I would call them first. It is much easier and faster and I have found that the customer service department is quite knowledgeable and helpful. Ask them for the water flow system which includes the valve then also ask them for the circulation motor hook tool.

They will send the parts out to you and when they arrive just follow the instructions to clean the filters and circulation pump. If you have any questions you can email me back here and i will help you further.

Thanks again for accepting my answer.