Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

my oven door is in the lock position and I cant get it to

my oven door is in the lock position and I can't get it to do anything, is there a trick I need to know?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

were you having the oven do a self clean cycle when this happened
Could you get the model number off of the oven. It should be down on the leg of the oven behind the bottom drawer

Customer:

79036603601 Serial # XXXXX

Customer:

Yes it happened during a self cleaning, although I was not the one who did the cleaning

Appliance Tech Care :

are you by the oven

Customer:

yes

Appliance Tech Care :

cancel out any functions on the clock and reset the oven to selfclean again. set the time for 3hrs and start it into the cycle, tell me what happends

Customer:

nothing happens

Appliance Tech Care :

does the oven look like its in the clean cycle, indicator lights etc?

Customer:

the only thing that is on the screen is "loc" and the "door locked" is flashing. It is making an annoying beep like a dead battery in the fire alarm.

Customer:

none of the other functions on the panel work

Appliance Tech Care :

if you try to cancel now, you get no response fro the touch panel?

Customer:

yes

Appliance Tech Care :

let me check something, i;ll be back in a couple minutes

Appliance Tech Care :

Did you get any error codes displayed on the control?

Appliance Tech Care :

can you cut the power for about 30 secs and re-power it up, tell me what you get on the display

Customer:

earlier there was an error code F94, I believe, but now there are only beeps, we did that, it is now in the "loc" and flashing "door locked" and PF

Appliance Tech Care :

ok

Customer:

it makes an annoying beep every few moments

Appliance Tech Care :

I had this happened on a job last year. It would help if there was an error code, they would appear as an E# XXXXX# , like E1 F4

Customer:

sorry, F9

Customer:

but the guide I have, the solution did not work

Appliance Tech Care :

If you can not get the control to respond at all then you have a problem with the CPU under the console. There is no code for F9

Appliance Tech Care :

The part # XXXXX XXXXX touch control.

Appliance Tech Care :

This is not an easy part to replace and unless you are pretty technically inclined , it is not a job I would recommend for a novice. The part is expensive and easy to damage if not installed correctly

Appliance Tech Care :

I would suggest to you that you seek a qualified tech in your area to do the repair. That way if he messes up something performing the repair, he will be responsible.

Appliance Tech Care :

did you get the link

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and will head your advice, what do you think the repair call and fix will be, do you think it would be cheaper to replace the oven?

Appliance Tech Care :

Thanks for letting me help you today.

Understand, that I am paid on a commission from Just Answers.If my Answer Is OK to you then
,
You need to exit this chat and hit the GREEN accept button for my services now and in the future.

If you have any other question you may come back to here and I will continue to try to help you.

Appliance Tech Care :

The one I did last year was about $370 with labor

Appliance Tech Care :

Its an expensive oven, you have to make that call

Customer:

thanks. I wil "accept" your help

Experience: 35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs