Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Why did my whirlpool fregerator quite making ice?

Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Is this the model with the ice bucket in the door of the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Ok can you open the freezer door, on the right side you will see the on off switch and a small light, the left you will see the flapper. Press and hold the flapper making sure you don't interrupt the optical sensor running from right to left. Need to know if the light blinks or if it goes solid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No light at all
Ok the problem here is going to be the computer board (emitter and receiver boards) these are located behind the on off switch and behind the flapper. One of them has failed causing the unit to stop making ice. These will need to be replaced.

Take the model number to a local appliance parts supplier then ask for the emitter and receiver board (they are not sold separately) Once you have them remove the screws from the on off switch and flapper to replace the boards.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. After hitting the ACCEPT button you can still ask further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!