Technician-Josh
Technician-Josh, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Certified appliance repair tech.Factory trained.
65102872

we recently replaced the soapdish in our dishwasher. while

Customer Question

we recently replaced the soapdish in our dishwasher. while putting the wires back on the yellow wire was shorted to the screw that holds the unit in place. now the power button will not turn the disherwasher on. do you have any suggestions? is there a fuse or breaker to reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Technician-Josh replied 2 years ago.

Appliance_Guy :

hi, my name is josh and i will be helping you tonight, please let me know when you have time to try a couple tests.

Customer :

now.

Customer :

i'm ready to test now.

Appliance_Guy :

Hi. do you have access to a volt meter?

Customer :

yes i do.

Appliance_Guy :

Have you checked for 120v ac from the bottom of the dishwasher where it hooks up?

Appliance_Guy :

main power supply terminals.

Customer :

i have power at the white and black wires that connect to the main computer board.

Appliance_Guy :

Can i have your model number please

Customer :

LDF7810BB

Appliance_Guy :

Give me a minute the lg website can be very slow at times, please bear with me.

Appliance_Guy :

check the wiring at the bottom of the door where the door closes, follow every 1 of those wires ( do this with the power off, i have been shocked many times by this. remove any tape that is covering the wires, these units tend to get so hot that they melt the wires to the door panel and cause weird problems.

Customer :

SO, you believe the yellow wire on the soapdish shorting out caused a wire in the door to melt. the unit worked just fine prior to replacing the soapdish dispenser.

Customer :

is that correct?

Appliance_Guy :

I dont think the short caused any melting, but you said you replaced the control board so i have to think outside the box at this point.

Customer :

OK. i'll remove the door again and check the wires as you suggested. this will take some time.

Customer :

it is getting late. how do we pick up this troubleshooting again tomorrow?

Appliance_Guy :

Should be a link in your email.

Customer :

ok. i'll check the wires, and the link in my email in order to continue again tomorrow. thanks for your help tonight.

Appliance_Guy :

No problem.

Appliance_Guy :

Hi. did you get a chance to check those wires yet?