Technician-Josh
Technician-Josh, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Certified appliance repair tech.Factory trained.
65102872

nordmende dishwasher not accepting programes- power etc ok,hold

nordmende dishwasher not accepting programes- power etc ok,hold programe button few seconds after switch on and flashes P5 then 55 then EP then 188,will run if door closed but doesn't stop after 55 or even 65 mins,the dashes in programe display don't light when switched on but will flash when switch on / off.have disconnected/reconnect circuit boards no difference -help.

Appliance_Guy :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today.

Appliance_Guy :

will the tie count down at all?

Appliance_Guy :

*time

Customer:

no shows p5 & 55 every time opened - wife got it changed somehow today to p8 which is 15 min rinse & runs to end & stops but dashes don-light up to accept another programe,does flash EP & 188 and now P8 if programe button held after switch on.

Appliance_Guy :

Make sure unit is off and try holding all program switches and then power it up. Let me know what is in the screen. you may need an extra hand on this 1

Customer:

held all,switched on , held 1 min and nothing - dashes and other lights blink as switch off.

Appliance_Guy :

Try that 1 more time. The 1 min usually means bad control board. Check the same buttons again. let me know if it defaults to 1 minute.

Customer:

nothing defaulted to 1 min - I just held all down for about 1 min

Appliance_Guy :

Ok do not hold it. hold all buttons at the same time with the unit off then push the power button, then release the other buttons, do all this with the door closed.

Customer:

is integrated - have to keep door open to get at buttons

Appliance_Guy :

any way you can pull it away from the cabinet a little bit? Also does this screen light up in a yellow color?

Customer:

done that & still no blinks or dashes or digits lighting. switched off,held programe button and switched on - came up EP , 188 then P8 and started that rinse programe - switched it off.

Customer:

the digits light up red

Appliance_Guy :

Sorry lost connection. This sounds to me like your problem is the main pcb. the price on this part is about $200, the dishwasher is going for about 350. so im not sure it would be economical to repair this. there is not sure test to determine the reason of a failure so it is possible that you replace te board and have further problems if the cause of the failed board is a shorted pump, heater, thermistor etc.

Customer:

what does the EP mean?

Appliance_Guy :

e prom