Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I HAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MFW9700SBO IM GETTING F6 ERROR

I HAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MFW9700SBO IM GETTING F6 ERROR CODE I WAS CHECKING THE THE DIFFERENT ONLINE FORUMS FOR THIS CODE THEY SHOWED MOTOR CONTROL UNIT WAS BAD SO I CHANGED IT STILL HAS SAME SYMPTOMS WHICH IS THE UNIT WILL GET TO THE FIRST DRAIN CYCLE THE SHUTS OFF AND WONT GO ANY FURTHER
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please bear with me ,, thanks

does it not drain the water?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO WATER IS LEFT INTHE UNIT
remove the lower front panel, unscrew the filter from the pump and clean it out, have towels handy because you will loose water when you remove the filter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK THSNK YOU
your welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Larry I clenaed the trap there was lint in it its now clear I put it back together and set it for a small load it filled with water and made it to the first drain cylce and the machine shut down with f6 error code I the put it to drain and spin to try to get the water out by setting it to drain and spin it did not take the first time but on the 3rd time I was able to get the water out
Your error code indicates that the motor is having difficulty turning ,, The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes. Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers and cables are removed. 2. Unplug washer or disconnect power. 3. Check wire harness connections between the drive motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU). 4. Plug in washer or reconnect power. 5. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor. 6. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service