Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (Model ER2MHKXPL00 that has

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (Model ER2MHKXPL00 that has water that drips down the inside of the back of the refrigerator. How can I stop the water or re-direct it appropriately?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX can help you with your issue. This is a very common problem on your particular model. The water is combing from the freezer section. The cause of this problem is a plugged drain line inside the freezer, so instead of draining out and down to the drain pan it trickles down inside the refrigerator. To correct this problem the drain trough and drain line needs to be cleared of ice and completely flushed to assure proper drainage. To access that drain trough and drain line remove the rear back panel that is inside the freezer section. The access is from the inside of the freezer not on the back of the unit. You will have to clear everything out of the freezer section to access that rear inside panel to remove it. If you need further assistance just let me know.