Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

MY ELECTRIC AMANA OVEN MODEL acs4250ab IN THE LAST COUPLE OF

Customer Question

MY ELECTRIC AMANA OVEN MODEL acs4250ab IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS WHEN TURNED ON DOESN'T HEAT UP PAST 135 I KEEP HEARING A CLICKING NOISE. i TURNED ON THE BROILER AND WHEN IT GOT TO 350 TURNED OFF THE BROILER AND TURN IT ON BAKE IT THEN HELD THE TEMP SO I COULD MAKE DINNER WHAT DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE!
THANK YOU DANIEL BAREFFOT
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you with your issue. When you were able to get it preheated to 350 just using the broiler, how long did it maintain the proper temperature? If you set it for bake only does any element come on either the bake or broil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IT KEPT IT THROUGH OUT THE 80 MINUTES I WAS BAKINNG LASANGA . ONCE UP TO TEMP SHUT OFF BROILER AND RETURNED TO BAKE NOT SURE WHICH ELEMENT WAS PROVIDING THE HEAT

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok first thing to do is pull the unit out and either unplug it or turn the breaker off and check for loose and or burned connections. Loose or poor wiring could cause intermittent heating issues on electric ranges. Not sure if you have a volt ohm meter or not, if you do check the bake element since that is the one that is operating intermittently. The clicking noise would be coming from the electronic oven control and it does some clicking on and off through the cycle but what you describe sounds like a somewhat rabid clicking and that also could indicate a failure of the control. The contacts inside the control were trying to make for the bake element to be powered up, but no power being supplied to the element for heat. The most important thing to do is check the back for any loose or burned connections and the element if you have a meter, any of those could cause your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IN A MODEL THIS OLD ARE THE CONTROL PARTS AND OR ELEMENTS STILL AVAILABLE?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
I just looked up the parts the control is no longer available but the bake element is still available.
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks tim take it from here- daniel

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome and thank you.