Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

rust stains on clothes-kenmore-110

rust stains on clothes-kenmore-110
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

How old is this unit?

Robert :

If you are unsure just post the serial number here and I will get you the age.

Customer:

110.23812100

Robert :

I have that one. I will need the other number with the letter on it.

Robert :

letters,

Robert :

I only ask because there are different things it could be with age.

Customer:

ser.-cm2429595

Customer:

type-111

Robert :

It says February 24, 2002 is the date of manufacture.

Robert :

That could make the problem be several things. Has the unit been making any weird noises over the last few months?

Robert :

Also, are there any chips in the tub or rust around the top opening above the tub?

Customer:

no

Robert :

No chips, no weird noises no rust around the opening.

Customer:

no visible rust spots.

Robert :

You will need to check one more thing. Turn the water off and disconnect the water lines from the back of the washer. Check them for debris buildup. Let me know what you find, it anything. Once you eliminate that then there is only one thing left that could rust in the unit because the outer tub is made of plastic.

Customer:

the spots in crease the longer the clothes are left in th machine after washing.

Robert :

Are they spots or streaks on the clothing?

Customer:

ok. this will take a few minutes.

Robert :

No problem.

Robert :

I will be here.

Customer:

Of course my wife is using the washer. can I write back in thirty minutes?

Robert :

I have to run out on an emergency call in about 20 minutes. Just post what you find and I will respond as soon as I get back.

Customer:

ok

Robert :

.

Customer:

Crud in screens. some of which was rust. So cleaned the screens and rinsed out the hores. is there any way to flush the machine with "rust be gone" or some miracle solution?

Customer:

Well, I'll see how this works.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Rung the unit one time with 2 cups full of white vinegar and run and empty cycle. It will pull all foreign crud out of the unit.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Just let me know if you have any other issues. I will be glad to assist you.