Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

I put too much detergent in the Whirlpool Duet washer.The washer

I put too much detergent in the Whirlpool Duet washer.The washer kept agitating the timer not moving. I paused the machine still no change in the shift of cycles . I stopped the machine and emptied the machine of suds by hand and the machine appears to working going thru cycles and the timer is working. The Duet washer was agitating for over 20 minutes with the suds I felt the side and the washer was hot now the washer has finshed washing and the side is cool. THe Duet model is WFW94HEXW2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you. The unit was in what is called a suds lock, it will not advance until it senses it has removed all the suds or the water. What happens is the suds fool the pressure switch into thinking there is still water in it. It will attempt to keep on draining until the pressure switch resets and in some cases will bring in more water to flush the unit. Run it empty with hot water and plain white vinegar to clear it out.