Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

GE fridge, mod.# XXXXX Water line for dispensing through

GE fridge, mod.# XXXXX Water line for dispensing through the door is blocked. Is it frozen? Switch ok, solinoid ok, can not force air or water through line, can not pull air or water backwards through line. If frozen, how do I thaw out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

This happens on these units alot when the freezer is set a little to low.

Robert :

You can open the door on the freezer for about 30 minutes and then try the water again. If not, open the door for another 10 minutes and try again. Repeat until the water flows again.

Robert :

I can also get you a part number to an after market heater that comes with installation instructions. This will help prevent this from happening in the future.

Robert :

The heater kit is pretty easy to install if you are moderately handy.

Robert :

When you get the unit defrosted and flowing again, turn the temp in the freezer up one setting and see if that stops the unit from freezing up again. Sometimes this works, sometimes you need the heater.

Customer:

Thanks Robert, gonna pass on the heater kit at this time. You confirmed what I suspected. Will attempt thaw like you said and raise temp a little. Many thanks!! 1st time here, coool stuff!!

Robert :

Just let me know if you need anything else. I will be glad to helpyou.

Customer:

Thanks Robert, you confirmed what I suspected. Will do the thaw routine, raise temp a little and try this before getting heater kit. Many thanks!! 1st time user here. This is cool stuff!!