Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model # XXXXX only 18 months

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model # XXXXX only 18 months old, and the front touch bottons have stopped working. I replaced the Elec. Control panel, part number W10298356, and still have the same problem. The only lights that work are if I hold the "heated dry/lock" button for 5 seconds. Any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

You replaced the main control board on the unit.

Robert :

What you needed to replace is the control panel itself.

Robert :

The buttons are notorious about failing on this unit.

Robert :

Let me get you the proper part number. Would you like a number to a supplier that can get it to you pretty quick or do you have a supplier?

Customer:

What exactly is the control panel? Yes. I would like the part number and the supplier please.

Robert :

That is the control panel. It has an active button display.

Customer:

Should I put the old Main control board back in and retrun the one i installed?

Robert :

When the buttons fail, one or all of the will not respond.

Robert :

I would try it with the old board first and then the new. That way you can send the new one back if your old supplier allows is.

Robert :

The part number you need is W10254846. You can call 800/291-4610 to get it. If you call them before 3pm CST on weekdays they will ship out the same day. I usually get my parts is 1 day.

Customer:

So from the picture you sent me, am I correct that I should replace the entire front panel with the touch buttons.

Robert :

That is correct.

Robert :

Just use that part number I gave you.

Robert :

It will be the right color and the right style.

Robert :

Do you have any other questions for me today?

Customer:

Can you tell me what I will need to do to replace this panel. Is it just a matter of unpluging each of the wires and pluging thme back in? Are there any resets, or anything else i will need to know?

Robert :

It will have one ribbon cable running from the control panel to the board. Detach the cable and the screws that hold the panel on to the door and then lift it off. Replace in reverse. If you have already been to the control board then this will be easy for you.

Customer:

No resets or anything else. Is there a way for me to communicate with you after this tread if I have additional questions?

Robert :

No resets at all. Just turn the breaker off, install the new board, turn the breaker on. If you need to get back with me just use the link that will pop up in your email about 15 minutes after you close this chat. It may go to the spam folder so check there also.

Robert :

Just respond to that link and I will answer your questions when I am online.

Customer:

when I replaced the electrical panel, it looked like the ribbon cable underneath the board went intoo the main front panel. Does this ribbon cable come with the new panel?

Robert :

Yes. It does come on the new panel.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been very helpful. I wished I would have thought to "find you" before I bought the wrong part. I hope I can retrun it !! Leave it up to my son to tell me to Google my question :)

Robert :

lol. I am glad I could help you. Feel free to come back in the future with any other appliance questions. You can request me under the name App King or just Robert.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else.