Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair

My dryer turns on but wont start drying. The lights come on

My dryer turns on but won't start drying. The lights come on but it won't start turning the drum for the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using Just Answer!
Please send me the make, model and any further information you may have about your problem
Please be Patient as with technical problems it may take a bit of back and fourth conversation to give you a proper diagnosis.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung 7.4 cubic foot front-load dryer with steam cycle. I currently have it on a regular setting but tried other settings and it just doesn't start up. The lights are on and the sensor light flashes when I push the start button but nothing happens.
What you can try before we go further is this.
Unplug the unit, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know what happens then.
Thank You
Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hit accept too soon. We unplugged it, held the power button, plugged back in after 5 minutes. Still didn't start.
Thats ok thanks for the accept.
I will continue with you until we solve the problem.
The first thing to check is the door switch, if its one that you can press see if that makes a difference.
If not that style, you will need to remove the front cover to access the switch.
If your model has a light inside of it you should see it go out when you have depressed the door switch.
Please let me know what happens.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light goes on with the dryer and goes out when I close the door. There is a button on the outside of the tumble chamber that turns out the light. I can push it to turn off the light.
Ok thank you.
The problem is in the main control board, which will need to be replaced.
Is this something you would do yourself?
I can refer you to a company that has great prices they are reliable and will ship the part to you in a day or two.
The name of the company is Cashwell Appliance, the phone #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
You will need the make and model # XXXXX you call.
If there is anything else I can help you with please ask. Also If you are going to fix this yourself, I will be here even after the accept to help you with the installSmile
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I have a local guy that I trust with appliance repair. I'll just call him Monday.
Ok thank you for the accept! And I wish you the best Im sure he will fix it up rightSmile
Thank you
Tech Michael Please dont forget to leave feedback Thanks
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician