Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE dryer model #DHDVH52GF0WW isnt drying the clothes as

My GE dryer model #DHDVH52GF0WW isn't drying the clothes as well as it used to. The vent pipe is clean as is the lint screen. Any ideas?
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Does it seem to get hot but not dry or does the heat seem less than hot?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The heat seems less than hot.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is heating up, it's just taking 2 to 3 dryings before the clothes are dry.
Okay, the gas coils on these machines very commonly get weak and shut off prematurely, shutting the gas off. I would recommend replacing the gas coils, numbers 729 & 731 in the picture. The coils are much less expensive if purchased as a different part number, so do not be alarmed when you see "Whirlpool" branded on the link I give you. It will save you about $40! The coils you need are available below!

Coil Kit $13.93

Clicking the “ACCEPT” button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!