Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite Smart wash Quiet pAK 9 WASHER. It started

I have a Kenmore Elite Smart wash Quiet pAK 9 WASHER. It started giving me error codes. I kept restarting it until it just went off and will not come back on. The door is locked and I have a load of laundry in it. Is there any way to get the door open without breaking it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What error code were you getting exactly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the flashing f 11 code
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so first, F11 is a F11 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to order and replace the CCU because it's not turning the washer on anymore.

To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much. Is this usually an expensive repair?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The CCU is about $200, so yes I'd say it's expensive unfortunately.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank for all you help!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
no problem and good luck to you.