Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

i have an f1 display showing on my fridgaire smooth top st

Customer Question

i have an f1 display showing on my fridgaire smooth top stove
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello.

The F1 error on your unit is letting you know that the clock/control board has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a simple repair for you to do if you would like too. I will need the model number off of the sticker located on the legs of the range. Just open the bottom drawer and look on the legs for the number. Once you post that, I will get you the part number and parts supplier information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MODEL# CFEF372AS3
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
I posted the information on your other question. If you did not get it just let me know and I will repost it here for you.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Here is that post if you didn't get it:

How old is this unit? I ask because it is showing the clock to be no longer available for purchase. I can't check additional suppliers OR stock in Sears because you are in Canada but the part number you will need is 318185720. You can call Sears Canada at 800/469-4663. I really hope they have one, or a substitute, in stock for you. Just have your model number ready so they can check for an alternative.

Let me know if you have any other issues and I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
10 years old
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
That could explain the clock being no longer available. Try calling the Sears Canada number I gave you and see if they have one in stock per chance. You can also go to www.appliancetimers.com and read about having it rebuilt if you cannot find a new one.