Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

our affinty washer was not draining adn kept pausing the cycle,

our affinty washer was not draining adn kept pausing the cycle, my husband took off back and water every where. is there anything we can do or do we need to calla tech?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Can he see where the water is coming from?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no we took off the back and just saw water everywhere.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
If the unit was not draining the water out then that is usually a bad or clogged pump on this unit. It could be that the trap in front of the pump clogged up and then something poked a hole in the black rubber boot on the bottom of the washers tub. Pulling the unit out and draining the water so you can investigate and find the problem is what you really need to do. I can help you out if you would like to try that. Otherwise you will have to call a tech out.

I have seen these things happen before and it could be what I mentioned above OR a tear in the boot around the door. Either thing could cause the water loss. Let me know if you want to try this yourself.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we pulled the pump out already, is there is any way to test the pump to see if it works as when he took off the back it was very hot to touch. and there is no clog or build up in the pump. or does it sound like a blown pump?
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
When you pulled the pump out did all of the water in the tub rush out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when he unhooked the end with the little flapper on the pump as he called it, it all flowed out from the tub.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Ok. That is a sure sign of a locked up pump. They only get really hot when they run dry(which yours wasn't) OR if the rotor fills with water or locks up. You will just need to replace the pump with part numberNNN-NN-NNNN I have that number memorized unfortunately. That is how many of them I have replaced. I don't even need the model number to pull it up. You can call 800/291-4610 tomorrow and order it. If you call before 3:00 PM CST they will get the part shipped out that day and should have it the next day. I order all of my parts from them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you so much.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
No problem. Just let me know if you need anything else in the future.