Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a GE over the stove microwave, model Adora. I had laid

Customer Question

I have a GE over the stove microwave, model Adora. I had laid one rack on top of the other and it has scarred the interior finish and last evening it started sparking. Is there anyway to repair the small abrasion on the interior wall?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

You can repaint the scratched area.

Robert :

You will need to clean it first with a green scrubbing pad and water. Dry the spot off and make sure it is clear of debris.

Robert :

It the interior pure whit or off white?

Customer:

Paint it with what kind of paint?

Robert :

Just let me know the color and I will get you a link to the paint.

Customer:

The interior is white or a creXXXXX XXXXX

Robert :

We will go with off white then. It may not match exactly but it will fix the problem for you.

Customer:

that is great

Robert :

Just order it from there and follow the instructions on the bottle. It is pretty easy to do.

Customer:

do you know if you can buy it in a home improvement store?

Robert :

You can check but I would call around first. It has to be made for the microwave or you could be looking at some real problems. Stuff like chipping, arching and possibly food poisoning could occur with the wrong paint.

Customer:

OK thank you very much. Anything else I need to know?

Robert :

This paint here is easier to use also:

Robert :

It is a shake and spread type instead of the shake and spray.

Robert :

Just so you have an option.

Robert :

I actually prefer the second one for individual use

Customer:

Thank you very much. Are we finished?

Robert :

If you don't have any other questions then yes.

Robert :

Just click the accept button to close this chat if my advice has helped you and have a great day!

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have ordered the touch up paint for the microwave interior that you told me about. If I remove the metal rack that caused the problem, would it be safe to use the microwave until the paint arrives? Thank you,
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
It might be. The metal in the rack is probably helping it arc. Try a short cycle and see how it does.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much. We had run a short cycle and it did not arc. Thanks again.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. Have a great night!