Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my ge front load washer will not fill with water, the water

my ge front load washer will not fill with water, the water pressure is good and the water is turned on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the door lock even though water won't flow in?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok and have you tried both hot and cold setting? Is the tub moving back and forth or does it just sit there and do nothing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it sits there and does nothing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok then this means that your dispenser diverter motor has failed and can't turn to the proper location to start filling up with water. You need to remove the top panel (there are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of this panel you need to unscrew first). Then you can access the motor and try to move the linkage in case it's jammed on top of the dispenser. If it doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace actuator motor to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you need to order.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have second ge front load washer that runs for approx. 5 minutes and then shuts down
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
You'll need to open a different question for a different appliance, but off the top of my head it sounds like one of your control boards if faulty if it's shutting down without an error after 5 minutes.