Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Mod KUD101ILWH6 made by Whirlpool

I have a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Mod KUD101ILWH6 made by Whirlpool (Model KUD121551?). I've replaced the Elctronic Control Assembly with the part no. WHI(NNN) NNN-NNNNnoted on the billing. It matched the original except did not have what appears to be a resister unit cliped to the side that connect to wires external to the assembly. I ran one load of dishes with the new unit and then it failed to operate. I think that the resister unit may be the problem. In voltage is 110 while out is about 1 volt. I can not find this part on any whirlpool sites. I see no identification on the resister however the small plastic holder has several which are: G4AM1102 APJI; TF 098C; (NNN) NNN-NNNN0436.

What do you think and where can I find a replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX can help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

The resister unit that you are referring to is actually a thermal fuse.

Tim Alan :

They do blow on occasion replace the fuse and also the connectors that connect up to it make sure you also cut and splice as the directions tell you to and you should be good to go.

Customer:

Good, I thought that it was a funny looking resister. Do you think this the problem?

Tim Alan :

Yes i do you have power in but nothing out so changing that will again power your unit

Customer:

Where do I find the fuse?

Tim Alan :

Give me a minute and I will get the part number for you any appliance parts store will have these

Customer:

Also any suggestion on where to get a new thermal unit.

Tim Alan :

You mean the fuse?

Tim Alan :

Sears parts stores will have them appliance parts pros appliance zone or type in appliance parts in your browser to bring up your local listings

Customer:

Yes. sorry jumped to the conclusion you were refering to a seperate fuse rather than the thermal fuse.

Tim Alan :

6
on diagram

Thermal fuse kit

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

this is the part number for that thermal fuse

Tim Alan :

Make sure that you follow the instructions and cut out the terminals and splice it with the kit or it will blow again

Customer:

Is this something that radio shack would carry?

Tim Alan : (NNN) NNN-NNNNis old number and(NNN) NNN-NNNNis a new number radio shack would not carry these

Customer:

Thanks Tim, I'll give a try.

Tim Alan :

Ok very good and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to press the accept button and leave a comment, if you need further assistance just let me know.

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service