gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

just installed a new 5 point gas re-igniter on my Jenn-air

Customer Question

just installed a new 5 point gas re-igniter on my Jenn-air jgc8536, all wiring looks good but clicks when I re-plug in without turning knobs.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi

gst85 :

was the stovetop wiped down before plugging it in?

Customer :

no

gst85 :

ok arev we talking about the spark ignitor for the stove top or oven?

Customer :

stovetop

gst85 :

ok as sonn as is plugged in the spark ignitors start to click before you turn any knob correct?

Customer :

yes that is correct

gst85 :

ok the onlything that would cause this is the sark ignitor that is bad

gst85 :

try this,unplug the service coed for 3minutes to try to reset the board

gst85 :

that may work

Customer :

is that the main to the wall plug or something in the unit?

gst85 :

the main plug to the wall

Customer :

still sparking after plug in

gst85 :

ok the spark module is going to be defective since the unit seems to be new

Customer :

is that the pin looking piece with white material surrounding it

gst85 :
Grid is 1 inch square

this is it

Spark Module - Part # XXXXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXXXX
Full Size Image

Customer :

that's the piece I just replaced

gst85 :

ok chances that this part can be defective.

gst85 :

or the actual spark ignitors

gst85 :
Grid is 1 inch square

Spark Electrode - Part # XXXXXXX Mfg Part # XXXXXXXX
Full Size Image

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer :

yes just frustrated because I had a technician come out to tell me the re-ignitor was bad so I ordered one now you're telling me the spark ignitors

gst85 :

the ignitor would be the onlything left at this point

gst85 :

would you like the part number incase you decide to replace it?

Customer :

sure

gst85 :

Spark electrode

Manufacturer Number 74009336.here you go.

gst85 :

i wish the you the best.hope this takes care of the problem

Customer :

thanks

gst85 :

your welcome.if i have been helpful pressing accept is how i get paid

gst85 :

are you still there

gst85 :

please remember to press accept before you go