Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Front load washer keeps saying F2. wont finish the spin cycle.

Front load washer keeps saying F2.
wont finish the spin cycle. what do i do to reset?
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you with your issue. The Fo2 is a long drain code, if the unit senses a draining issue that code will come up. On your type of unit this typically means a restricted or plugged drain. The drain pump is located on the bottom of the unit just behind the lower front panel and has a cleanout generally these become plugged with debris and just need to be cleaned out. To access remove the screws that are at floor level on you bottom access panel. The cleanout is unscrewed by turning counter clockwise very slowly and allow it to fully drain out into a shallow pan or you can use that lower panel, before you completely remove that cleanout. Remember let it slowly drain before removing otherwise you may have a flood issue. So check that first and let me know what you find, if you need further assistance just let me know and I will need the complete model number also, That is on a tag just inside the door mounted on the unit.