Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

i cleaned my Fridgidaire reg-97 bk wall oven with commercial

i cleaned my Fridgidaire reg-97 bk wall oven with commercial cleaner. Later found manual that says do not use of self cleaning unit. What do I do to recitify my mistake? I don't want to start a fire.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

How old is the oven cleaner and how old is the range?

Customer:

The double wall oven is 33 years old. the oven cleaner Iam not sure how old. Don't remember buying it. My deceased mom may have bought it back in 2008? I see the serial numbers on bottom of can but don't see date.

Robert :

No problem. Is the interior of the unit smooth or rough textured?

Customer:

smooth

Robert :

Ok. Don't worry about using the cleaner. Most cleaners when that unit was built were highly flammable. The last year that cleaners like that were flammable was back in 1998. The cleaners are still combustible but only when sprayed. If you used the cleaner and you want to be safe just leave the oven open overnight and then close it and run it for about 10-15 minutes. Everything should be just fine by then.

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

Robert :

No problem.