Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Dryer gas No-Heat; Starter Tested good! Switch Tested

Customer Question

Dryer gas No-Heat;

Starter Tested good!

Switch Tested good

Exhaust duct cleaned any free of lint!

Gas will not nightie?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

Is the igniter glowing?

Tim Alan :

If the igniter is glowing and you do not have ignition the valve coils are bad.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you see the igniter with the front on?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
What is the model number of your unit, on most maytags you either take the top off or the front to view what is going on. How do you know the starter and switch are good? I assumed you where talking about the push to start switch and the door switch, if you went that far and the unit is running and calling for heat you should see a glow on the bottom, when the igniter glows you will see it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean the Starter was tested with meter as the switch was and they both omed GOOD!
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok good, what is the model number of the unit or can you see the igniter glowing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The ignater not glowing!

Model# XXXXX

Ser# MU1703452
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have a meter check power to the igniter, there is a connector that powers the igniter check for 120 volts at that connector.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We do not get a power reading to the burner circute!

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok disconnect the unit and check the thermal fuse and limits all those should ohm out to zero and also the flame sensor that is mounted on the burner tube. One other thing check each of those connectors to ground and see if you get 120 volts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Locate this or the two different fuse you address!

Where do I find them on the unit?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
They are located on the back of the unit, to access remove the rear panel and look towards your left hand side near the bottom. Item seven is the thermal fuse check that first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So this showes the sensor is on the back of the dryer inside or along the side of the housing?

I see numbers by parts what is the sensor part # XXXXX am looking for?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
The hi limits are number 15 and 25 and the radiant switch is inside the unit mounted on the burner tube by the igniter item number 35.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The limet switch appears to be the broblem ?

How do I print the diagram your are showing?
Or is there a vedio to show me how to repair?

Can I buy this Limit switch tody in a store and please give the prt number to order!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

on diagram Non-resettable the...

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the thermal fuse if this is blown then make sure your vent is clear and according to the manufacturer replace the operating thermostat mounted under it also so the fuse will not blow again.

on diagram Thermostat

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the operating thermostat.

If you have a sears parts store by you they should have these most hardware stores don't stock them feel free to look but either sears parts or an appliance parts store will carry these.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
If you need further assistance just let me know and please remember to press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you and have a great weekend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do you think I can find them today?

Home depo

Sears

We need the part Number to the fuse #7 on the digram it tested Bad by Ohm testing!!!!

So we need to get this fuse it is a psrt about 2 inches long "white in color" by 1/2 inch wide! When we test it with the OHM it does not conduct!!!!
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
I gave you the part numbers, sears parts let me emphasize sears parts not any sears store will have them, some home depots have some appliance but not many parts at all. You will have to check with your local home depot.

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Once again here are the part numbers both were on my previous post. Now i am not sure if you are receiving all of my posts.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
on diagram Non-resettable the...

on diagram Thermostat

Did you not see this previous post?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Home depo

Sears

So we need to get this fuse it is a part about 2 inches long "white in color" by 1/2 inch wide! When we test it with the OHM it does not conduct!!!!
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea what parts stores you have in your area to find your local listings just type in appliance parts. That will also bring up quite a number of places you can order the parts from. Home depot and menards you will have to check with them, they may or may not carry any parts but do stock some parts.
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will sears have this part #7 on digram?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
All of the SEARS PARTS STORES that i have been too stock these parts they are very common. The general sears stores do not carry these only the sears parts stores have them.