Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

Hi, I have an LG Tromm steam/washer

Customer Question

I have an LG
4.0 Ultra Capacity
Direct Drive Sys
Quiet op
The spin cycle isn't taking enough water out of my clothes and there's water left in the tub after I take the clothes out. I take the front debris filter out and empty it and all the water. I have to do that after 3 or 4 loads. This just started happening about2 weeks ago . What can I do to fix this?
Thank You,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Is the cleanout filter clogging up every time or is it clear?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has very little debris in it.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
If it is not enough to block the water flow and the drain behind the washer is clear then the impeller on the pump would be your only culprit. They start to wear out and, as the get hotter, they perform slower. This will result in the unit not draining properly and sometimes even displaying an OE error on the display. When this
starts to happen, you will need to replace the pump on the washer to correct the issue.

Is this a repair that you would like to do yourself? Just let me know and I will get you part and installation information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are there 2 drains with filters?
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
There is only one drain with a filter and that is the one you have been cleaning out. The other drain I mentioned is the one in the wall where the drain hose from the washer goes into. Sometimes they back up and shoot water out so some people put a seal and clamp on the house drain line. This will work but if the drain continues to back up, eventually it will cause the unit to drain slower than it should and do the same thing you are experiencing. If your drain hose just sits in the drain pipe then the pump is still your problem. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much, have a nice weekend.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Do you need part numbers or anything? I can help you through the repair if you would like to save some money and do it yourself. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, thanks. Bye
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome. Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Robert,
I need the part numbers now and the directions for how to install it. Thanks a bunch !!!!!
Carol Greene