Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

my kenmore washer stopped in the beginning of the cycle. it

my kenmore washer stopped in the beginning of the cycle. it has standing water. I checked the panel to make sure it was on and if I turn it to a larger water load it comes on. I rolled it to rinse cycle and nothing happened.
Hi my name isXXXXX the unit fills and agitates but stops before a drain and spin cycle that is an indication of a faulty lid switch. Sounds like that is what it is doing filling and agitating but not draining or spinning.
The lid switch is located on the right hand side of the cabinet and the lid switch actuator is mounted on the lid, there should be an audible click when the lid is lifted up and down.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am going to check lide switch now... please hold
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think your right.

it goes all the way down and does not come back up.

how do i get it repaired and how much do you think it might cost?

One Question - this is only going to cost me $30.00 right.

I am paying student loans and can not afford to stray out of my budget.

Claudia

Yes that is what you posted for the question was thirty dollars. A service call and labor is between 120-150 and the part is 40 dollars according to sears website.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this a part I could install?
It's not that difficult just a little involve to get the cabinet off, you will need a phillips screw driver and a 5/16 inch nut driver.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you Tim.

and when you say cabinet you mean the top of the washer?

No the entire cabinet give me a minute and i will send a picture and a diagram but the entire cabinet comes loose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay i am waiting.
graphic
graphic
The first thing you do is to loosen the control panel and that lifts up and just swings back and out of the way. There are 2 screws that hold each end cap to the case. The plastic piece that covers the screw on the end caps are press in pieces with taps, start at the top and just pull them off to access the screws and then remove the screws.
Then there is a plug or electrical connection that goes to the lid switch unplug that and then remove the clamp/strap the holds the back panel to the case there are 2 of those, use a flat screw driver and insert in the closest and smallest u bend an then push back on the handle and they pop right out, you can then pull the cabinet off.