Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty 90 Series clothes washer and just

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty 90 Series clothes washer and just replaced the drive coupling because the washer wouldn't agitate or spin. It definitely needed replacing. However, now when I try to use the washer, the water fill will not turn off ... just keeps filling (overflows) and never stops and never shifts to agitate. I suspected an electrical connection was not re-connected during the coupler replacement, but appears all are connected. What should I check next ?
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue. How did you get the water to turn off? Did you just push the timer knob in or unplug the unit? Or did you have to turn the water off to the unit? If by cutting power it stopped you may have either disconnected the pressure switch hose or pinched it. The pressure switch is the water level adjustment on your control panel and the hose is attached to that behind/under the control panel, I would check that first.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pushed the timer knob in to stop the water flow. I advanced the timer knob to "spin" to drain the water out.
Ok I would look closely at the pressure switch hose, it connects from the pressure switch down to the bottom of the outer tub, it could have come disconnected and or pinched, if it was ok before you replaced the coupling that very well could be the problem. Also the hose could have a hole in it or the pressure switch could be bad. If the pressure switch is not satisfied or registering any water in it, it will never advance to the agitation cycle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK. This worked OK prior to the coupling replacement. What does the pressure switch look like and I will check the hose ?
Also look at the electrical connections on the pressure switch, it could be loose if you think there may be a loose wiring connection check that. Those are very tight connections and normally do not come loose. I will try and find a picture of it, but the pressure switch is also the water level volume on the control panel.
Item number 2 on the break down.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found a clear plastic hose that runs up the side of the tub and doesn't appear to be any holes in it. Is connected to something on the side of the tub, but the other end is not connected to anything ?? should it be connected to something on the control panel ?

OK, so the clear hose should be connected to the pressure switch ... right ?

Ok yes it was disconnected from the pressure switch that should be a port that you connect that too on the pressure switch. That is the problem connect that and you should be good to go.