Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

I have a two year old Kenmore Series 800 washer Model# XXXXX

I have a two year old Kenmore Series 800 washer Model# XXXXX After replacing our well pump, the washer would not fill. I forgot to flush the water lines to the washer. The washer would not fill properly. I replaced the water inlet valve after inspecting it. The screens were clogged with sediment. After reassembling the washer, the washer in normal wash mode it will not ance from the wash cycle to the rinse cycle. When the washer is manually advanced to the rinse cycle, the washer will complete its normalwash mode. What are the probable causes for this problem.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

The probable causes of a washer that does not advance into a drain or spin cycle are either the lid switch or the timer.

Tim Alan :

If you can advance it into the spin and do nothing with the lid then it's the timer itself.