Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

The clean button on my Kenmore dishwasher is flashing and I

Customer Question

The clean button on my Kenmore dishwasher is flashing and I get stop it or get a new cycle to start - how do I clear the flashing clean button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

What is the complete model number of your unit, taken off of the tag inside the unit mounted on the side of the tub.

Customer:

Type No. 575-0

Tim Alan :

No that is not it.

Customer:

Would it be the number showing next to MOO

Tim Alan :

i think it should start with 165 110 106 something like that

Tim Alan :

if you can't find the model let me know what the buttons are on the control panel

Customer:

Okay - I will give you all of them

Tim Alan :

There is a test cycle that we can put it into that will clear that blinking light but we have to do a key dance

Customer:

Stock No. 16222

Customer:

MOO 665.16222500 Serial FS(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Tim Alan :

ok that is it thank you

Tim Alan :

Ok press the buttons just like this with the door closed

Tim Alan :

high temp wash heated dry high temp wash heated dry

Tim Alan :

all the lights should light up

Tim Alan :

and then the unit starts a test cycle

Tim Alan :

wait about 2 minutes and then press the cancel button

Customer:

It is running the test cycle

Tim Alan :

Ok good

Customer:

So even if it is not finished I cancel in 2 minutes?

Tim Alan :

Now when this happens it could have just been a fluke thing but you may have a water heating issue

Tim Alan :

Yes just press cancel after 2 minutes

Tim Alan :

It does this when it does not sense an increase in temperature of 3 degrees during the main wash cycle

Customer:

Hmmmmm - interesting

Tim Alan :

It could be a number of things, not enough water too much soap, the pump may not be pumping efficiently or something in the heater circuit.

Customer:

Okay - I cancelled and it seems to be just fine

Tim Alan :

Ok good the only way to tell if it is a malfunction is to either test some things or let it run through a complete cycle and see what happens.

Tim Alan :

If it happens again there is a definite problem.

Customer:

Okay, I will run it through a cycle - thank you so much for your help - it is much appreciated! Have a great day!

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service