Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I press auto clean, heated dry and start light for auto clean

Customer Question

I press auto clean, heated dry and start light for auto clean comes on light for heated drying comes on light for start does not shut door nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue. Sounds like the start button is not responding when pushed, that should light up when you press it. This is a very common problem on this series of dishwasher. You can try opening up the control panel and cleaning the ribbon that connects the control panel to the mother board but more often then not the fix would be to replace the control panel. I can look up the part for you if you can supply a complete model number of your unit and i will also need the series number which is the first 2 numbers of the serial number. That information can be found on a tag inside the unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
maytag quiet series 300 first two numbers of serial 69
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Maytag quiet series 300 is not the model number. There are many different models under that series. I need the complete model number off of the tag please, thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
only other number i see is serial number 6920309c
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
It should be listed right after mod# or model right on the tag.