Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

dryer blows heat out but it do not tumble the clothes

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue. The first thing to do is verify that the motor is running, it should be running if your getting heat so if it is running it's probably just a broken and or loose belt. I will send you pics of how to open the dryer and check the belt in just a few minutes.
There are 2 ways that this dryer could have been put together on most of these models the top swings up and back, there are 2 spring clamps that you push in on the front that disengage and then the top can be lifted up in the front and swung back out of the way. The other way it could be 2 clamps under the front panel that hold the bottom in place and you press down on those and the bottom swings out and the top disengages from the top. The belt should be tight and around the drum.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not going to fix it myself if I have to remove the back panel off the dryer I have to know how much is a belt and is it cheaper to have it fixed or buy another used dryer
The belt costs around 25 dollars and a service call and labor would be another 120-150 dollars. I never said anything about removing the back panel, whatever you do don't try taking off that rear panel, that holds everything together.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did get the lid to swing up and the belt is fryed and loose so thank you You were wonderful
Your welcome have a great day and thank you.