Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

Robert, Just got the new control board in from Sears. It

Customer Question

Robert, Just got the new control board in from Sears. It does the same thing as the last board they sent me. Just the interior lights of the refrigerator are on and nothing else. The two new supposedly good boards do the same thing, which is light the refridge & nothing else. The original board turns on the leds in the refridge & makes a clicking noise which seems to be more. Either something is wrong & I'm getting bad or wrong boards or this is not the problem. Do I have to do something or set the new board up some way? Or do you have any other ideas? I also put the original board back in & it still acts the same way.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

The problem you are running into has got to be an incorrect board issue.

Robert :

That model number you have listed will not pull up and it subs to a different model. If the issue was not the board then the same problem should show up when you put the new board in.

Robert :

The fact that it is worse leads me to believe that Sears has an issue with part numbers on the break down. That is common on Samsung and LG and now they make products for Kenmore.

Robert :

There really is not an excuse for this. I just pulled it up on the website again and it subbed the model over. The board may look the same but if it is programmed for a different unit, it won't work on yours.

Customer:

Robert, Your right. A while ago I looked at the back of my old board & found a built in soldered line sort of burnt up. I ohm'd it out & it was not making connection. I then got my soldering iron out & reconnected the connection ( I used to do this sort of thing in the Air Force & IBM) I just got done pluggin the thing in & it works fine. I just hope the board had sort of a faulty weak line & not some other problem taking it out. Thanks for the

Customer:

Thanks for the advice & let me know how I can change that prior negative response that I did when I did not know what I was doing.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
I will check on the feedback thing with the moderators so we can get it straightened out. I will use this question as a reference. Sears really needs to fix that issue though.You can't be the only one that has had this problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds Good, If they need to ask me anything live they can get me @ XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX. I will give Sears hell today.

Thanks,

Robert Schmeltzer

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Have a good day!