Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore model 66512692, everything works fine but

Customer Question

I have a kenmore model 66512692, everything works fine but no heat. I replaced the heating element and the thermostats...nothing. is there something else I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

which thermostats did you replace ? can you get me the part # XXXXX ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Part number3387134
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay thats the cycling thermostat. you need to check the thermostat on the side of the heater at the top, thats the one thats bad, the one on the right in this picture. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Cut-Out-Fuse-Kit/279816/2651?modelNumber=110.66512692 theres a video there that shows you how to test it also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks I hope it works. I don't want to buy a new dryer
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay if you need more help just come back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I ordered the part, we will see in a few days. I don't know if I will sink more money in it if it does not work
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
u can do a simple test if you wish, it only a test don't run it like this. unplug the dryer and tape the two wires from the thermostat together and run the dryer, see if it heats . if it does don't keep running it like that replace the thermostats . it comes in a set.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That got power to it....then it sparked like a short at the one wire still connected and now there is nothing. Is there a circuit breaker on the dryer somewhere?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no circuit breaker on the dryer , its sound like you just didn't have them tight enough. is the dryer completely dead now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay. unfortunately if the connection was loose and it sparked the thermal fuse probably blew,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
unless theres something else shorted somewhere thats what happened, it $10.70 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=110.66512692 if it sparked it means there power so thats good. you didn't have power before so the thermostat was bad, you will have to get the thermal fuse also. it will work when they are replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is the piece right above the thermostats correct
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
its to the left of the thermostats and the heater on the blower. you will see it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes i see it it does not show any damage or signs being burnt out. Is it supposed to? I had bought one.of these as part of my original repair kit so it should be in tomorrow.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

no it wont look like its burnt its just a small thin wire inside it. thats great you have one comming , I will be on tomorrow so if you have any further questions just ask. thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Appreciate your assistance......where is your repair shop in Tennessee? I live in clarksville
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I'm in Greeneville near Morristown, let me know when you get the parts if you need more assistance, we'll get it running ! thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got the new fuse today and that did not restore power to the system? Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
which fuse ? the white thermal fuse ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When if arced last night if also griped he circuit breaker in the house. That is why it went completely dead. Should get the new thermostat tomorrow and it maybe it will be all fixed
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes .what happened was when you jumped the other one out it wasn't tight enough where you taped them together so it arced and blew the fuse, I think your all set once thats replaced. come back if not but you should be . thanks Bryan