Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi Bryan, I have a Amana side by side model # XXXXX When

Hi Bryan, I have a Amana side by side model # XXXXX When the ice maker refills the water will not shut off. I can manually shut it off by lifting the bale. Can you help me with this problem?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

you need to replace the control module under the front whit cap on the ice maker itself. you can order this at just pop the front white cover off the ice maker. you will see it. this will fix the issue, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for the answer. I will accept your answer but I have a credit with justanswer but it did not give me a place when I could pay you with this credit. Can you help me with this? Thanks for you help. Also do you have a part number for the control module? Dick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, I just looked at my ice maker and I don't see how you can remove the cover with taking the unit out. There are no screws etc in front to remove the cover. Help
sorry I'm having computer problems. take a small screw driver and pry it off. it will come right off, heres a picture with it off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, The cover over the module is against the wall on the freezer. Will I have to remove the icemaker?
oh you may have too. is this mounted side sideways in the front of the freezer? I cant get the diagrams.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is mounted with the cube tray across the back of the freezer. To remove do I just removed the screws hold it to the back of the freezer? I sure appreciate this help.
yes , remove the two screws holding it and then you should be able to get the plug unplugged after its down a bit. let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I do this later and if I have problem is there a way I can back to you?
yes you can just save this in your favorites and sign back in and I will receive your reply. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan, Did you rfeceive your fee for helping me? I also added a tip to it. Dick