Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I cant get the water filter cartridge to fit so that I can

I can't get the water filter cartridge to fit so that I can turn it to the horizontal position. Any advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
KSSS42QKX00
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
remove the fileter and look inside the filter cartrage. make use theres not one of the rubber seals off and preventing the new filter from going all the way in. let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes,, I removed the red cap before I tried to install it. There is no seal on it now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
on the filter itself there are two small rubber seals under the cap you removed, I need you to check where the new filter inserts and make sure one of those small rubber seals didn't fall off the old filter when you removed it. look inside where the filter inserts .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there is nothing in there.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay try putting a small amount of Vaseline on the rubber rings on the filter and try inserting it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that and it won't go in. By chance, did they change the style of this filter recently. I actually took the box top into Sears and they gave me the exact filter that I got about a year ago. I was able to easily install that one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
this should be your filter is that right ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just dug the old filter out of the trash. The stem on the new filter is 1/8 inch longer than the old one. I think that is the problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes its sounds like they gave you the wrong filter.bring the old one back with you to the store and have them line up the new one with the old and make sure they give you the right one. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.