SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hello,I am an electrician and have a couple problems with

Hello, I am an electrician and have a couple problems with a Thermador double oven c302uw. -Top oven door doesn't seem to want to close all the way and cause light to stay on. Bottom door seems to have weak closure also. External hinge parts and seals seam fine. -Bottom oven gets warm but doesn't get hot. Does seem like broil element gets warm but not red hot. Not sure if this helps but rear fan does not spin when in bake mode. -No trouble codes on display Thanks for your help. Could you give ball park costs for parts also. Very appreciative.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The hinges are stretched in both ovens. Very common but not something you can see when you look at the old hinge. Regarding the lower oven heat it sounds like you have a failed bake element. The broil turns on at 50% for bake preheat but the bake should be red. If you have a cold bake the it's broken. You can remove the element and ohm it out or check for 240v to it. hinges are about 75$ a pair and the element is 50-75$. let me know if you need more help. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

Hey Sam..Thanks for your help

Customer:

One sec

Customer:

Is the bake element under a pan in the lower oven and how long does it take to remove approx.?

Customer:

btw. I will accept your answer. appreciate your help

Customer:

I didnt see a bake element in the lower oven after glancing at it quickly.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me take a look at the drawing. most of these from this age didn't have a hidden bake elemt but if it does, i can tell you how to check.

Customer:

thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

this is the very first thermador with a hidden element. To check and to remove you have to unistall and remove the back panel (not as bad as it sounds) Check for 240 across the element terminals while in bake mode or remove one terminal and check for continuity while the breaker is off.

Customer:

Thanks so much....the hinge thing is so weird though....will check..

Customer:

Have a great evening...how do I ask for you in the future? always happy to compensate you..

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman